The Writing Center has developed the following syllabus supplement detailing their services for SNL students. Please consider adding it to your syllabus.
The Writing Center
All students are urged to utilize the Writing Center to discuss their assignments for this course or any others. For your convenience, writing groups have been established under the direction of the Writing Center on the Oak Forest, Naperville, and O’Hare campuses, meeting Saturdays from Sept. 26 to Nov. 14 at 10 am. You may also use our online services at your convenience, including Feedback-by-Email and IM conferencing (with or without a webcam). If you are able to use services at the Loop and Lincoln Park campuses, you may schedule appointments (30 or 50 minutes) on an as-needed or weekly basis, scheduling up to 3 hours worth of appointments per week. All writing center services are free.
Writing Center tutors are specially selected and trained graduate and undergraduate students who can help you at almost any stage of your writing. They will not do your work for you, but they can help you focus and develop your ideas, review your drafts, and polish your writing. They can answer questions about grammar, mechanics, different kinds of writing styles, and documentation formats. They also can answer questions and provide feedback online, through IM/webcam chats and email. Obviously, the tutors won’t necessarily be familiar with every class or subject, but they are able to provide valuable help from the perspective of an interested and careful reader as well as a serious and experienced student-writer.
Schedule your appointments with enough time to think about and use the feedback you’ll receive. Bring your assignment handout and other relevant materials to your appointments.
Quick Links & Locations:
- For information regarding the Suburban Campus Writing Group program, visit http://condor.depaul.edu/~writing/html/sched/suburbs.html
- To schedule an appointment at the Center’s LPC and Loop locations: http://condor.depaul.edu/~writing/html/sched/WCOnline.html
- To schedule Real-time conversations with IM and/or webcam: http://condor.depaul.edu/~writing/html/sched/im.htm
- To request Feedback by Email: http://condor.depaul.edu/~writing/html/sched/email.html
- Loop Campus Office: 1620 Lewis Center, 312.362.672
- Lincoln Park Office: 250 McGaw, 773.325.4272
- For more information, visit: http://www.depaul.edu./~writing/